In solidarity with Milojević family from Lučani and their courageous and resolute struggle for justice, activists of Women in Black from Belgrade will attend court proceedings on November 15, 2019, in the Court of General Jurisdiction in Ivanjica.
The following proceedings will be held on November 15:
- A private prosecution hearing – Radoš Milovanović against Mirjana Milojević , sister of the late worker Milomir Milojević, for reputational damage to Radoš Milovanović
- A private prosecution hearing – Radoš Milovanović against Milovan Milojević, father of the late Milomir, for taking part in the TV show “Život priča”
- A criminal prosecution of general director Radoš Milovanović and two managers, Vladimir Lončarević and Toma Stojić, from the factory “Milan Blagojević-Namenska” from Lučani, suspected of committing a serious crime against general safety - Milomir Milojević and Milojko Ignjatović died after the gunpowder explosion on July 14, 2017.
At the previous hearing, held on October 3, 2019, director R. Milovanović and people behind him, forced workers of the factory “Milan Blagojević-Namenska” to brutally insult the family of the late Milomir Milojević. Thus the organizers of that shameful gathering used fear of retribution to force the workers to obey their blackmails, claiming they would get fired if not supporting the defendant.
It is obvious that people such as the defendant are supported by the regime of Aleksandar Vučić, building its legitimacy on such persons. Due to fear and terror they were continually exposed to, workers agreed to forget the fundamental human empathy and act as slaves to the merciless exploitation for the purpose of providing profit to weapon dealers.
We support the courageous struggle of Milojević family against impunity of crimes, and demand from
- the institutions in charge to disable organized and forced transport of workers who are forced to brutally insult Milojević family;
- the court and prosecution in Ivanjica, as well as institutions of public peace and order, to stop obstructions of the court proceedings in the form of organizing , forcing and blackmailing workers, as well as exposing Milojević family to pressures;
- the court and prosecution to provide safe conditions for regular court proceedings in accordance with the Criminal Procedure Code.
Solidarity is our strength!
Belgrade, November 14, 2019.