Women in Black is organizing a protest in mourning and silence "Stop the War in Ukraine" on April 13, 2022 at 4 pm in Knez Mihailova Street (near the Russian Tsar). On the same day, protests are held in Krusevac, organized by the women's association Peščanik, and in Leskovac, organized by the group for peace and women's rights Nena.
On February 24, 2022, the occupying troops of the Russian Federation carried out barbaric attacks on the territory of Ukraine. The biggest victim of the Russian aggressors is the civilian population, and the Ukrainian cities of Mariupol, Irpin, Bucha, Kramatorsk, Makarin and others are becoming toponyms for mass crimes against humanity. Evidence of mass graves, rapes, torture, and collective executions is accumulating on a daily basis. The criminal imperial militaristic campaign led by Vladimir Putin must be called GENOCIDE.
On this occasion, yet again, we demand:
- Urgent cessation of all military operations and withdrawal of the occupying troops of the Russian Federation from Ukraine.
- An investigation before the International Criminal Court and the International Court of Justice for crimes committed by Russian invasion troops against civilians in Ukraine. We support the demands for the establishment of a special UN war crimes tribunal in Ukraine.
- Conducting effective peace negotiations in order to suspend all military operations so as to end the suffering of the civilian population, the destruction of cities, and the destruction of civilian infrastructure.
- Tahat Serbia join the EU sanctions against Russia, not only because of the obligation arising from the status of a candidate for EU membership, but also as an act of clear condemnation of Russian aggression.
- Stopping and sanctioning war-mongering propaganda in the regime media in Serbia, which, celebrating the crimes of the Russian occupation troops, deny the crimes against innocent Ukrainian civilians.
- Sanctioning the savagery of Serbian neo-Nazis who publicly and unhinderedly celebrate Putin's crimes and the sanctioning of the use of the "Z" sign (as a symbol of Putin's criminal army and politics) in public space.
Stop the war in Ukraine! Stop the war in Ukraine! Stop the war in Ukraine!
Stop Russian aggression on Ukraine! Stop Putin!
Stop the occupation of Ukraine! 3упиніть окупацiю України!! Остановите оккупацию Украины!
Solidarnost sa mirovnim pokretom u Rusiji i Ukrajini! Solidarity with peace movement in Russia and Ukraine!
In Belgrade, 12th April 2022