On the occasion of the war in Ukraine, Women in Black organized protest in black and silent, on March 5, 2022 in Knez Mihailova Street in Belgrade.
The following banners were displayed during this protest, which were written in Serbian, English, Russian and Ukrainian.
- Žene u crnom protiv rata
- Solidarnost sa mirovnim pokretom u Rusiji i Ukrajini/Solidarity with peace movement in Russia and Ukraine
- Stop ratu u Ukrajini/Stop the war in Ukraine/Остановите войну в Украине!
- Putine, dalje ruke od Ukrajine/Putin, keep your hands from Ukraine
- Stop ruskoj agresiji na Ukrajinu
- Stop okupaciji Ukrajine/зупиніть окупацiю україни!/Остановите оккупацию Украины!
- Podržavamo ruske dezertere/We support russian’s deserters
- Podržavamo beloruske dezertere/We support belarusian deserters
- Dajte šansu miru/Give peace a chance
About fifty (50) activists took part in this antiwar action. The rally took place with police security and was covered by the media.
A counter-meeting organized by the New Communist Party of Yugoslavia was also held at the gathering. They held a red flag with a star, a sickle and a hammer, as well as a photograph of Joseph Stalin. They shouted: Not in NATO, Fascism will not pass (in Russian), NATO, march from Ukraine, NATO, march from Serbia.
Policija razdvaja Žene u crnom i „pripadnike SKOJ-a“ na protestu u Beogradu - Danas
'Žene u crnom' izrazile solidarnost sa mirovnim pokretima u Rusiji i Ukrajini - Slobodna Evropa
U Beogradu skupovi podrške i Ukrajini i Rusiji - Glas Amerike